Background

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Kick off...

Although I am completely new to this whole blogging thing, I decided to give it a whirl to 1. give myself something to do 2. tell a little bit about me and what I'm doing on a day to day basis and 3. write what I cannot say. Why blogging? Yesterday I was watching TV and the movie Julie and Julia just started. This movie does not look like something I would like, but out of boredom I started to watch. Julie started her own blog in hopes of cooking all of Julia Child's recipes in her first book. A mental note went off in my head that blogging might be just what I need.  Since I graduated college I have been completely....lost. I look for jobs just to say I'm trying to find one. I try to be the "perfect girlfriend," but there is no such thing, so that's not really getting me anywhere. I dream about the future and what I wish to do with the rest of my life. I talk to a few friends and try to keep in touch, but their lives are much busier than mine. I try to workout, but it snows every other day. I have enjoyed being bored and not having to be on a schedule, and whenever I was in school I was counting the days until when I could do absolutely nothing. Now that it's here all I want to do is be busy again. My spirits are high and I know that all this "boredom" is all part of God's plan, but my impatience gets the best of me some days.


 I have dreams much bigger than people can see.  I believe that people think that I am just waiting to get married and live happily ever after with my "lawyer boyfriend" supporting me for the rest of my life. Wrong. I do not want to get married anytime soon. Although some days I think it sounds like a fairytale that I have been dreaming of, but in reality I have a lot more life to live and I wish to live it  independently.  I want to travel. I feel like I need to explore the world. As my parent's would say, "just go on a cruise" I have no desire to go on vacation on a boat alone. I want to explore another country. Be by myself for awhile, even though I'm alone for most of the day, this whole apartment life with a dog is not the high life I have been dreaming of. I haven't decided where I'm going or when the best time to "take off" is and I know I have a lot of planning and researching to do, but I can guarantee that I will do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment