A day of love....
Today started like any other. It didn't feel like Valentine's day until I went to Wal-Mart and was out numbered by men frantically searching for the Valentine's section. Those poor girls....I also woke up to a phone call from Tiff's Treats. I had never heard of Tiff's Treats until about 2 weeks ago whenever I was craving something sweet but there was still ice on the ground so I wasn't about to go get the ingredients to make something. I googled delivery desserts and Tiff's Treats came up. My world was turned upside down. There was everything from cookies to brownies, and you could even order milk to have delivered with your desserts. I went to place my order and was devestated to find out that they wouldn't be here for 2 whole days. I wanted them right now, or at least within the next hour. Needless to say I have been talking about Tiff's Treats ever since. I guess to shut me up about Tiff, Marshall got me Tiff's Treats for Valentine's Day! Most boyfriends sent their girlfriends flowers, chocolate, or even an Edible Arrangement. Nope, I got fresh cookies just for me. Just what I need....I haven't gotten the actual treats yet, the call was to ask when would be a good time to have them delivered. I figured if I got them this morning, I might have them eaten before Marshall gets home which would be embarassing. They are supposed to arrive sometime between 4-6pm.
So far I have accomplished the laundry and ran a few errands. My first stop was the Christian Book Store. I have been wanting to get something for Marshall extra special for Valentine's day, and my intention was the iphone4, but luckily Dana helped me out with that one. The good thing about Marshall is that he is so appreciative of anything I get him. Anyways, he has been saying how he needs a bible that is readable and that he can take to church. As I was reminded at church yesterday, I knew that was going to be the perfect present for him. Whenever I walked into the store, I'm pretty sure I was the only one there, I was approached by a little old man named Jim. He asked what I was looking for and I explained, and Jim knew the exact bible for Marshall. Usually I get annoyed by the employees who insist on shopping for you, but when it came to bibles there were just too many to choose from and I couldn't say no to Jim. Jim and I talked for about a solid 30 minutes. I feel like I know Jim and he knows me, and I assured him that I would come back to visit soon. It has been forever since I have been in a Christian Book Store, and I forgot how friendly everyone was. I hated to cut Jim and I's conversation off, but then I had to explain that I'm horrible at parking downtown and I can't parallel park, so I parked in a no parking zone in hopes that no one would notice. I figured if Dora was gone when I came out, then it was just meant to be. Needless to say, I will be going back to visit with Jim again real soon.
Rewinding.....Yesterday Marshall and I spent the day together, just the two of us, three including Stanlie. We experienced a new church FBC downtown Dallas. One of the biggest churches I have ever been to. I absolutely loved it. I've grown up Baptist, Marshall has grown up Baptist and Methodist, and he is more partial to Methodist. Since the legendary Bobby Bowden was speaking this Sunday morning, the place was really crowded. After we parked about 2 blocks away we walked into what was the lobby, but felt more like the Hilton. We had to head up to the balcony and everyone was already singing. Once we finally found a seat I looked down to an orchestra and a choir. I got chills, and knew that this church was going to be fantastic. This was the best church music I have ever heard. Although I am not one to clap my hands and groove to the music, I love the feel, unfortunately Marshall gets a little uncomforable. Bobby Bowden, whom I had never heard of, was a very inspirational man. I was influenced by everything he said, and sadly I don't think I've ever paid that close attention in church before. At the end of the service one of the last things that you do at a Baptist church is hold hands and sing a song. No big deal to me, I looked at Marshall and thought he might kill me. You would have though he had never held my hand before. Luckily he survived. I hope to go back again.
On our walk to church we passed Dickey's BBQ. I am a sucker for BBQ. I asked Marshall if we could go to Dickey's after church, and he replied that he would take me somewhere even better. Boy was I excited. Don's BBQ in Whitesboro was one of my favorite and only places for BBQ and that was one of the places we would always go after church. As we pulled up to Sonny Bryan's I think my jaw dropped. There was smoke pouring out of the building, and it reminded me of a Love's gas station with a BBQ sign. I tried not to let it show that there's no way I'm eating here since Marshall was so excited, but I simply sucked it up and tried to not judge a book by its cover. We ordered, and decided to sit outside to enjoy the beautiful day. I'll have to agree with Marshall, some of the best BBQ ever. I even said that I wouldn't mind having BBQ at our wedding. It would be hard to choose between Don's and Sonny's though.
The rest of the day consisted of a long walk for Stanlie to soak up some sun. We then decided to see a movie. Marshall and I have never been to a movie theater together. Weird, considering the typical first date consists of dinner and a movie. Our tastes in movies and TV could not be more opposite, so for the two of us to agree on a movie is like finding a needle in a haystack. We saw Just Go With It and both loved it. Our day was perfect.
Although I do love the fluff of Valentine's Day, I also believe that every one should feel special and loved every day, not just one day out of the year. I hope every one has a day filled with love. Remember that it's not just about your significant other, keep those in mind who may not have a significant other, or lost one recently. It's not always about you. Remember to love your family and friends too.
Love Love Love
No comments:
Post a Comment