Background

Thursday, April 14, 2011

The dreaded job...

So I haven't been blogging as often as I'd like....but you will be happy to know that I cracked and got another "little girl" job. I just can't seem to get away from the restaurant industry. I pray that I don't make a career out of being a hostess. I figured that besides the money, it would be great motivation to keep looking for that "big girl" job. So far it's going ok....and when I say ok I mean as good as it can. It's definitely a step up from Charleston's considering I have to wear an all black suit and some shape ups, and it takes about a can of hairspray per day to get my hair slicked back to meet the proper requirements for the job. No nail polish, stud earrings, no big rings, black socks, black belt, shirt tucked in....the list goes on. For anyone who even contemplates coming to see me at work, I will kill you, because no one should have to witness my cute uniform. Did I mention that everyone that works at Hillstone/Houston's either has been married for at least 10 years, has at least two children or one in the oven, or is over the age of 35. You'd think I'd have a management position because at least I have a degree. My time this week has been consumed with learning everything I need to know about Hillstone/Houston's. From the 27 glasses of wine, the ingredients to all 8 soups served, 5 salads, 4 beef entrees, and 3 desserts, I think I should have went with the server route....Catering to filthy rich people who cannot do anything for themselves is not exactly my idea of a good time, but they are good for one thing: $$$$.

On a lighter note, my visit/ weekend with mom and dad was great and way too short. Lindsay and Dustin's wedding shower went fantastic, and I was shocked at the amount of people who came. One thing I've learned it doesn't matter where you live, or if you still live there or not, friends are friends. It was a blessing to see friends that we haven't talked to in almost 3 years at the shower. My mother was in her element, such a social butterfly. Being the baby of the family, I enjoy getting to see into the future and get ideas for my own wedding one day, such as what to register for! :)

Kali was kind enough to drive down and attend the shower. She has adapted herself right into my family and everyone adores her, especially Grams. As always she was the life of the party. She spent the weekend with the fam and Marshall, Stanlie, and I. I caught Grams gut laughing several times at everything that came out of Kali's mouth. I tend to forget how much I miss my girlfriends until I see one of them, I'm not so sure that I like all of us going our separate ways. I have been erasing shows that I have never even heard of on the DVR ever since Kali left, and Stanlie has been extra exhausted this week due to making new friends with Kali.

Marshall has been enjoying his first week on the new job. He brushes up on his Spanish every night and I'm expecting him to be fluent in about a month or so. Stanlie is getting used to both of our new schedules, but has been adapting better than we expected. We try to leave the TV on so he has something to keep him entertained.

I hope you all are enjoying your jobs more than I am, although I am thankful for a job, I know it's nothing
permanent (at least I keep reassuring myself that, even though they try to suck you in by offering insurance. :)

Unitl next time...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment