Background

Monday, February 28, 2011

Back to the Grind...

The past couple of weeks I have been doing a lot of traveling...not exactly the ideal traveling that I have been wishing for, but a few extra miles on Dora never hurt anything!

After my travels to Kingwood, it was off to Oklahoma to say hi to mom, dad, and Mazzie. Although it was a short visit, it's more fun going to visit them now that I'm not used to seeing them everyday.

This weekend Marshall, Stanlie and I took a trip to Decatur to spend time with his family. Even though his family is polar opposite of mine and at first I wasn't quite sure what to think, now I feel like I fit right in. His mom loves having a female around the house, and every time I'm around her she is so excited which makes me feel like I fit right in. I worked in her store on Saturday, which did not feel like work at all. Although Decatur is no Whitesboro, I still get the same vibe, everyone is always friendly and knows everything about everyone, which used to be so annoying, but now I find myself missing that "hometown feel." People would walk in and want to make small talk about Decatur assuming that I lived there, but I just smiled and tried to act like I knew what I was talking about, and then handed them the little brochure that said "All About Decatur." I pretended like it was my store for a the day.

That evening it was off to Marshall's other parent's house. His dad and step-mom are much more like my parents. It was the perfect weather for a fire outside and a dip in the hot tub. It was nice to relax and not worry about anything for a change. But unfortunately, we had to go back to Dallas at some point. Being from Whitesboro, I always believed that I was meant to live in a big city, but after having a small dose of it, it's hard to decide. I love having so much to do and not having to go far to do anything, but I miss running into someone I know at Target or Wal  Mart. People aren't as friendly in big cities. I don't like everyone in the town knowing everything there is to know about me.

Today it was back to the grind....sounds of the washer, dishwasher, and Stanlie tracing my every move.

Wednesday, it is back to Oklahoma for Miss Mazzie's birthday and of course to say hi to mom and dad. I've contemplated bringing Stanlie along so that Mazzie would have another dog at her birthday party, but then again is it really worth it. I know Mazzie won't care either way, but I'd hate to send her to her grave. Too much excitement is not good for her these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment