Background

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Beautiful Day

Well I'm not sure who is in worse shape Stanlie or me. I used to think all dogs were just natural athletes. Not Stanlie. We tried a light jog today... I know I'm out of shape, but poor guy just did not want to run. I'm not quite sure if it's because all he wanted to do was sniff and pee, but it was a workout just trying to get him to cooperate. Needless to say we tried to compromise with a fast walk. We are working on staying on the same side of me the whole walk (he loves to just make circles, and tangle himself). I noticed his tongue getting longer and longer throughout the walk (it was a lot warmer outside today that usual), but I think that means he wants water, sure enough when we got home he drank two bowls full, which probably means we will have to go outside again soon.

I know that 95% of these blogs are about Stanlie, keep in mind he's the only person I hang out with on weekdays, but with that said I have concluded that without Stanlie my life would be much more boring. I clean more than normal because I can't stand a dirty home, and because Stanlie sheds more than your average dog. And although I complain about it, I'd probably have nothing to do if it weren't for him. He's always doing something that is worth blogging about. Whether it's pooping a total of 4 times on our walk (he did today), chasing squirrels, or making little kids smile, he really is the best stray I've ever met. I am already dreading tomorrow whenever he has to hang out in his "kennel" until Marshall gets home, but in hindsight I'm sure he will be just fine.

Stanlie also got "furminated" today. Marshall has this brush thing that is known as the furminator which is to help deshed your dog. I wasn't
Tomorrow it is back to Oklahoma which explains why I might not be blogging for a few days. I'm sure that Chaz and Deb will give me lots to blog about whenever I get back. keep your fingers crossed that Dora makes yet another road trip. Hopefully we can start a countdown soon of her final road trips.  

 quite sure when to stop furminating because hair just kept falling of this dog, and I was a little worried that after this experience Stanlie might be bald. He does look a little thinner, but maybe I won't have to vacuum near as much.

I pray the weather stays this nice, and the sun keeps shining. :) Spring is almost here.. finally!

No comments:

Post a Comment