Background

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Faith, Family, and Friends

All it takes is a few days at home to make you realize how great life really is. This post is dedicated to the most important people in my life, my family and friends. I spent the past few days at home hanging out with two of the most important people in my life: mom and dad. Everyone goes through stages in their lives, especially with their parents. One day you might love them, and another you question the things they do.

My mom has always been and will always be my best friend. I am the spitting image of her, and I couldn't be more thrilled. If I look and act half as beautiful as her whenever I'm 51, I'll be doing pretty good. I tell my mom everything which includes talking to her approximately twice a day on the phone. Today, I realize the reason why God never gave me a sister, because I cannot imagine sharing the mother-daughter relationship with anyone else (and with two of me, my parents might have gone bankrupt). Don't get me wrong we have had our moments, but I cherish my relationship with my mom because I know that not everyone has this special relationship.

Where do I even begin with my father. This man is definitely one of a kind, and by far the perfect husband for my mom and the greatest dad. I am the perfect mix of both my mother and father, in which I have my dad's motivation, drive, stubbornness, and compassion for life. Ever since my dad made the decision to what I like to call "follow me to college," I have had resentment and question for my dad. It's taken me close to 4 years to figure everything out and just recently I have started to realize the reasons for his decisions. I know that once I am a parent it will make even more sense to me. Although I've wanted to be away from them for so long, I'm realizing how dificult it is, not to mention expensive. My dad has sacrificed a lot for me, not that my mom hasn't, but I know that he has given up a lot simply to make sure that I had everything I wanted. Freshman year of college was quite the struggle getting adjusted to the college "financial" budget that I had no idea about. Even when I called and asked for money for tanning or those ugg boots that were just a necessity, he never said no. I've had moments with my dad, as I'm sure everyone has, but in the end he does everything for me so it's hard to stay mad at him for too long!

Now that my parents aren't paying apartment rent, or college tuition It's great to see them getting new cowboy boots, tool boxes, and looking at new cars! I hope that one day I can pay them back someway. They are so supportive of everything I do and always open to my wild ideas. I cherish my time with them more today than I ever have and I'd say that we've been through a lot together.

It's hard to have a happy medium. From living with three girls to living with none, I never thought I'd miss it this much. No one can ever replace your girlfriends, and you can never have too many. I'm thankful for true friends, because they are rare to find these days. I can count on one hand how many true friends I have, which may seem sad to some, but I think it's pretty good considering majority of my friends are from college.

Even though I have no job, a car that might die anyday, and no tan, I still think I have the perfect life. I know that I will always have family, a loving boyfriend, wonderful friends, and a strong faith to rely on. Family is everything, and my heart goes out to anyone who doesn't have family to lean on. Remember that you may think that your life may be horrible at the moment, but others have it way worse. Cherish your faith, family, and friends all day everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment