For my whole life, I have always wanted to live 5 minutes from a "good" mall. I don't care if it had high dollar stores, just the decent ones where if you need something you know you can find it. Well now that I have shopping at my back door, I have no income so that puts a damper on every woman's shopping.
Today, I decided what the heck everyone deserves to window shop right? So I did just that. The only thing I was allowing myself to buy was something green (for St. Patty's day). The past few years I have done a lot of window shopping, but usually I always end up buying something. Window shopping takes some getting used to, well for me at least.
Shopping solo...I don't know if I'll ever get used to that. The only people I saw by themselves today were a blind woman and a couple of widdowed little old ladies who were probably only at the mall to get exercise. At least the cute moms had about 3 kids to keep them company. I don't wish that on anyone, and for a moment I was content to be by myself. I went to only the stores I wanted to go to and I looked at what I wanted to. I've been shopping with my mom since I can remember, but the older we get the harder it is to find time to do that. I am content shopping alone because I don't have the influence of someone else telling me to just buy it anyway, but you also lose the opinion of someone to tell you if something looks good or not.
I had fun simply browsing around and not being on a schedule. It motivated me to find a job so I can have money to actually buy the things I contemplated buying today. Some people love doing things alone. For me, I still like to have someone to hang out with, and today I wished Stanlie was small enough to fit in my purse so at least he could have kept me company.
No comments:
Post a Comment