Background

Monday, March 21, 2011

Maybe one Day

Well to begin, I survived Decatur, TX. It's no Whitesboro as Marshall would refer to it, but it does have the essentials, and by essentials I mean it has a Wal Mart. I realized that one dog is enough for me at the moment, and unless you have 2 vaccums for a 2-story house (one for each floor), you might as well just forget vaccuming. I think I got more of a workout from lugging the vaccum up and down the stairs than I did trying to walk 3 dogs (disaster in case you were wondering).

This weather makes me in a joyful mood, and makes me wish I had a yard complete with outdoor grill and pool. Maybe one day...

Marshall and I spent the weekend in Austin and attended SXSW which is a music festival. We both have come to the realization that we beling in Austin not Dallas...once again maybe one day. Although I'm no hippie, absolutely anything goes in Austin. No matter how you dress, what you drive, how you walk, how much you weigh, or what you're eating, it doesn't matter, you're bound to fit right in. Unlike Dallas, I feel like I have to have make-up on simply to go to the store. We enjoyed lots of live music, and great food. My favories included jalapeno margaritas, seafood enchiladas, mexican vanilla ice cream, and mag mud (queso with guacamole, pico, and  black beans). I might have come back 10 lbs heavier, but it was well worth the 5 hour drive home due to the ridiculous amount of traffic. Another highlight of the trip was BRAD WOMACK, for those of you who don't know shame on you, google it. I had to do a double take, but it was him. Unfortunatley he was with his twin brother, not Emily, but I'll take what I can get. If I hadn't been on the 2nd story of a building I would have given him a hug, but I didn't want to look ridiculous trying to scream his name from the balcony of the restaurant we were at.


The highlight of my day today has been saving $20 in coupons at Wal Mart. I felt like an old woman diging through my plastic baggie trying to make sure I had all my coupons lined up. Who cares, times are tough....and I learned from my mom. Last time I was home I raided her coupons and the newspaper, and started my own collection. Who knew they'd be this much of a savings. The lady in front of me had about 10 kids, and probably needed coupons worse than I did, but unfortunately she did not have anything in her basket that I had coupons for or else I would have given them to her. She needed diaper and formula coupons which I do not clip.

Remember that although you may think that you have it rough, someone else always has it rougher than you do. Sometimes people get themselves into their own messes, like the lady with 10 kids (that's preventable), but there's always that woman who has cancer, or the man who just lost his job. They just might have it rougher than you do.

:) Smile for Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment