Background

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Time Flies When You're Unemployed

I have been severely slacking on my daily blogs. I can't even remember the last time I wrote. You're probably wondering what I have been up to, and should have some big reason why I haven't blogged. Well, I don't...I've just simply been living.

I've been up to my usual routines, cleaning, organizing, planning, interviewing, and living the dream. Stanlie has turned into the world's worst dog (WWD). If he only knew that he was literally "living the dog dream." Last week he slipped out of his harness at the park, galavanted a few miles, then decided to stop and poop to give me some time to catch up with him. After contemplating whether to just let him go or not, I sprinted after him and luckily caught up. Our walk was cut short that day. Marshall and I received a letter from the City of Dallas as a complaint due to our noisy dog. After doing some research, and by research I mean having a dog psychiatrist come over, we determined that Stanlie suffers from severe separation anxiety and barks every second we are gone. Trust me you would have loved to been a fly on the wall whenever we received the knock on the door from Angie, her long name is Angela. She just screams DOG LOVER, from the dog t-shirt she had on to her little dog voices. After explaining to Angie our "situation" she gave us many suggestions. Some of her suggestions had absolutely nothing to do with his separation anxiety. We spent at least 20 minutes discussing Stanlie's weight problem. We actually thought he was looking a little thin, but that shows how much we know. Stanlie is now on a strict diet. Note to all pet owners, when the bowl is empty do not continue to refill it. Dogs do not need to binge eat.  Angie suggested the option of doggie day care (which I have looked into, and I'm pretty sure child care is less expensive), and then she gave us the list of places that we were allowed to take Stanlie with us, which included Lowe's, and some restaurants. If she only knew that Lowe's isn't my idea of a romantic evening, not to mention bringing the dog along. Stanlie would definitely pee on everything in that building, it smells like outdoors and he doesnt' really know the difference. Needless to say, Marshall and I have our work cut out for us. I think Marshall expected Angie to come over and simply say that she would love to be Stanlie's new owner, WRONG. Stanlie is here to stay.....

I've been on about 3 interviews in the past couple of weeks, don't worry no job yet. One of my favorites was the phone interview with Dell. One I was actually excited and pumped about, turned into a disaster. It wasn't your typical interview where you go over your resume, get to know about the position, ask a few questions, and then you're on your way. This interview consisted of a conference call and some role playing. After getting to know David, Lisa, and Dan we jumped right into let's see if this girl has what it takes. I was instructed to be a restaurant agent in which they would call and need a reservation for dinner and I would help them find the perfect restaurant and location to meet their needs. Sounds simple enough..or so I thought. About 30 minutes later I was tempted to just hang up, but that would be kinda rude. They wanted a restaurant with beef, for 13 people at $20 per plate. Thought that would be easy. When I heard beef, I immediately thought steak house, and was cut off shortly after I said the word steak and was then informed that they wanted BBQ. I immediately thought Dickey's or Rudy's because I have never had fine dining BBQ for $20 per plate. I would prefer fish. Needless to say, I made up the name of the restaurant "Fine Dining BBQ" and it was located on Beef Ave. They would have fine beef overlooking Lake Travis just as they asked. Seemed a little too far fetched to me, which is why I will not expect a call back from them.

I am excited that the sun is out today and it's starting to get warmer. I plan to get Stanlie back on his walk/pooping routine and he will continue to travel everywhere I go due to his anxiety, and because he loves riding in the car. I will be better about blogging more frequently. Hope everyone as a wonderful day! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment