Background

Monday, May 30, 2011

Change is Good :)

Today is my last official day of summer/vacation/being a kid....the list keeps going. Although it is bittersweet, I am excited/anxious/nervous/ecstatic all at the same time. My first day of work outfit is ironed and picked out, the coordinating purse is packed, and I've been telling Stanlie all day that Momma's gotta make a living! I think he understands, and maybe once I get that raise he can start going to doggie day care, for now animal planet and a few hidden treats will have to get him by!

Marsha purchased a new car, a 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee to be exact! Isn't he just a high roller? I will admit even though I just got a new car, I'm a tad bit jealous! :) We may be eating Ramen for the next 5 years but at least we both have cool wheels!

Yesterday was the infamous "Bark in the Park!" Unfortunately we did not get to attend as planned. Luckily, I'm not to bitter, but Stanlie did wear his Rangers jersey for about an hour today, just so I could admire how cute he looked. It's a little snug, so once he started panting I took it off and figured it was enough suffering for one day! Marshall did know how much I was looking forward to Bark in the Park, so instead of attending he planned a special day just for the 3 of us! (I usually do all of the planning in the relationship so it was very sweet to switch roles for a day) So Sunday it was off to White Rock Lake with a cooler packed by Marsha and Stanlie in tow (side note: it was a coin toss to see who's car we were to take because neither one of us want Stan hair in our new cars....we took my car because Stan is due for a pawdicure and my car has cloth and Stan might scratch the leather in the new Jeep). We enjoyed a picnic at the park and a walk along the trail! Boy was it hot! We had to take several breaks so keep Stan hydrated! We tried to see if he would swim in the lake, but he had no idea what to do so instead he just got a drink (gross in my opinion). It was a wonderful day, and needless to stay Stanlie was absolutely exhausted for the rest of the day! :)

Today, I gave the apartment one good clean in fear that I will have no energy to clean after a 5 day work week! I will miss my cleaning/laundry/cooking schedule even though most people would rather work, I asked Marshall one last time if I really had to start a new job tomorrow...his reply "umm yes." I think this change will be wonderful, it's the transition and new schedule and routine that I"m not looking forward to! I'm looking forward to having an actual income and being a real person! I'll miss Saved By the Bell and Making Room for Multiples, but I'm pretty sure I've seen every episode! Say a special prayer for me and Stanlie tomorrow as we make our wonderful life changes! :) Hope everyone has a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment