Dear Oprah,
Today is your final episode. I haven't even been alive 25 years, so I cannot even fathom how long you have been influencing people's lives. I can remember watching your show with my mom thinking whenever I grow up I am going to buy tickets for me and my mom to go to the Oprah show...Little did I know that your show would end 5 days before I officially grew up. I've watched your show with my mom, ditched class to watch you with my best friend, and of course by myself. I always wished that I had a reason to be on the Oprah show, but now that I'm old enough to understand who you really are, my life is too perfect to ever be on your show. I don't have some sad sob story that can change the world, although some days I thought I did. I've learned that you don't have to be famous or have a billion dollars to have an impact on some else's life. A simple smile can do the job. On job interviews whenever I was asked what my dream job would be, it would be to do exactly what Oprah does: help others. But then again, I'm sure I'm not the only person who has that exact dream job. I guess I expected your show to go on forever, but now that your finale is here, there is no one who will ever be able to fulfill your shoes. On your final episode if it's one thing I'll remember it's you talking about how wonderful God is. Oprah has taught me to not get wrapped up in the materialistic things in life because life is far too short for that. Although I'd kill for my own show just like you, I'll settle for the satisfaction of helping others just like you do. I know that I'll never be able to give everyone in the world a new car or a trip around the world, but instead I'll take baby steps and hopefuly be able to make some sort of impact on some else's life. As I watch you on your last day, talking about how wonderful God is, pretty in pink, I cannot believe that it's almost over, but for now I will take what I can get and continue to watch OWN and hopefully your re runs for the rest of my life!
Although, Oprah will probably never read this letter (it's for my own satisfaction), and I know not everyone is an Oprah fan, it's not about Oprah it's about being whoever you want to be. For those of you who have never heard of Oprah, first you live under a rock, and two she has been one of the biggest inspirations in many peoples lives. Hopefully one day everyone will aspire to be like Oprah! Never settle for less, always follow your dreams, love like crazy, and pray daily. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment