The past few weeks have been quite the whirl wind....but one of the best whirl winds of my life! I finally landed the "big girl" job that I have been waiting for, got a new car, and turned 22! There's only one word to describe how I feel: blessed.
On Friday, May 13 I accepted a job at the World Trade Center being a specialty toys sales rep. Sounds fancy, but I'll be doing whatever Mr. and Mrs. Wann (my two bosses) tell me to do. This is the job I have been longing for, and I can't believe that I landed it as my first real job. I get a badge, business cards, and my own set of keys to the office just like a real person. I had no idea that finding a job would be such a challenge. I also had no idea that I would turn down 2 jobs before accepting one, but like they say third times a charm!
On Monday, May 16 I purchased my first automobile. I said so long to Dora and hello to my new black Nissan Altima. I had no intentions of buying a car on Day 1 of car shopping, but thankfully it worked out in my favor. My dad had been looking at new cars for months now, so of course he had the day mapped out to the minute. There was one point in the day where I thought we were going to drive away in a 2007 Cadillac exactly like the one my mother drives....why my dad even went to look at it I have no idea, and he was so nice to the sales guy who was about 19 trying to sell us the new Kia Soul, for a second I wondered if this was the same Charles. Long story short, it's like finding the perfect pair of shoes, you just know. And by the end of a long day I had almost forgotten about my sea mist green 201,000 mile clunker who has been so faithful to get me any and everywhere I needed to go. I wouldn't be surprised if my dad buys another one....
I turned 22 on Thursday and realized that I am getting old....it's definitely no 21, but it was just another day. I've come to realize that I miss the days whenever you got a family birthday party and one with your friends, whenever your mom would come eat lunch with you at school and bring cupcakes for all of your friends, whenever everyone you saw told you happy birthday simply because they knew. It was my first birthday that I had to work (better get used to that) so that tends to put a damper on things, and the first birthday where I didn't celebrate with friends. Not trying to be debbie downer, because it was a wonderful day, but I'm sure all you older people know what I'm talking about! Last night we celebrated with Mexican food, margaritas, and wonderful friends, and by wonderful friends I mean Marshall's friends and family, and my brother and Lindsay. I was shocked whenever Marshall said table for 18! I couldn't believe that that many friends were coming to my birthday party! By the end of the night I realized that I am so blessed to have made so many more friends. I couldn't ask for a better boyfriend to plan such a fun night. Both sets of Marshall's parents came and his step mom even made me a cake with my name on it! I almost cried because just when I thought it was my first birthday without a cake, a cake appeared! The only thing missing was my parents and a few girlfriends! :) It was truly a wonderful night!
This is my last week to enjoy being bored, not having a schedule, and doing whatever I want to do and I am taking full advantage! I can't believe all the wonderful things that have happened in the past week, and pray that everything else keeps falling into place! If you're ever feeling discouraged (trust me I've been there), remember to have faith and keep on going! Patience and motivation will definitely pay off if you stick to your goals! Hope everyone has a wonderful week! ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment