In case you have been wondering I have not had the chance to go rollerblading in the big city yet. For one it's been raining for days here and today is the first sunny day in quite some time, and two Marshall has absolutely no time to do anything and I'm not quite ready to blade solo yet, and I'm afraid to take Stanlie alone on my blades because we could both die and no one would know. Don't worry there will be an entire blog dedicated to our first roller blading experience in Dallas so stay tuned.
The past week has been pretty uneventful. Marshall works non stop, Stanlie hasn't done anything out of the ordinary, and I am still serving the rich and famous, praying my dream job falls in my lap, and striving to be the all American girlfriend. :) Stanlie and I went on two walks today, he seemed to be extra jittery due to the sunshine and yesterday he was lucky to go out at all due to the rain....
Speaking of yesterday, some of you will appreciate this story, especially Deb. So I was scheduled to have an interview yesterday at 10:30 am. It rained all night Sunday night and continued to rain all day yesterday. On a typical day when Marshall's alarm goes off there is no snoozing due to Stanlie (that is his cue to hop in bed and sit next to Marshall's face awaiting his feet to hit the floor). Marshall and Stanlie go outside, Marshall gets ready for work, Marshall leaves and then I take Stanlie out again around 11-12. Yesterday whenever Marshall said goodbye I was still asleep and he mentioned that he did not take Stanlie out because it was pouring and that he was certain it would stop raining long enough for me to take him out before my interview. Side note: I HATE RAIN. My alarm went off 10 minutes after he left, it was still pouring, by this time I'm pretty sure Stanlie learned to cross his legs. I get ready for my interview in hopes that now it will at least stop pouring so that I can take him out quickly. Never does. I'm ready for my interview with a dog who is about to pee everywhere. So plan B: Stanlie is going on the interview as well. I grab the umbrella, and off we go. I plan to sprint out the door thinking that Stanlie will just pee on the way, of course not, I later learned that he hates rain more that I do. He would not come outside, and I still cannot figure out why, not like he has a fur coat on, and you'd think a stray dog would be used to any sort of weather conditions. By this time not only am I ready to kill Stanlie, but this all leads back to wonderful Marshall who assured me that it would quit raining. Needless to say I'm over being mad, and Stanlie and I made it wet and safely to the interview....
For those of you who do not currently watch Bethenny Ever After (mom), you need to start. She is my newest obsession. She has the "perfect life" in my opinion, with the perfect dog, Cookie, and cutest little girl named Bryn. Last night after I watched her show I was trying to explain to Marshall how we could potentially be just like Bethenny's family. We have everything minus the kid and the fame. Bethenny was on Skating With the Stars, and I'm confident that if I were a star I would win that show. Marshall seems to have a different opinion, but I let him know that I would leave him high and dry whenver I get famouse because he has no faith in me. Moral of the story: I need to get famous, I'm not sure how yet, but I have plenty of time on my hands to figure that out!
This weekend is Mother's Day, and I'm so excited to be spending it with my mother and grandmother. I have been praying that I would somehow get to spend mother's day with my mom, but knew that I wouldn't be able to go to OK, and lord knows my mother never gets a holiday off unless Dillards is closed. This year, she finally did and I can't wait for her to get here! I was at Target yesterday browsing through Mother's Day cards trying to find the perfect card for everyone on my list. My mom is easy, it was hard to narrow it down because there are so many cute ones, Grams was pretty easy as well, Marshall's mom was a bit more dificult but im proud with the result, and then there's Marsha's step-mom (his one specific request was to be sure and get one that says "step-mom") I figured would be no big deal, but I was wrong. I thought I was in luck whenever I saw the hallmark lady there doing her duties. I could tell that she did not want to be bothered, but I bothered her anyways and asked if she knew if there were any step-mom cards? She responded with a firm no. As I stared at all the cards including, mother from dog, mother from cat, mother from caregiver...the list goes one I couldn't figure out why the hell there wasn't a step mom card. Maybe that's my calling...step-mom mother's day cards, I guess Hallmark isn't aware of the high divorce rates now a days. Anyways I bit my tongue and went on my way....one less card than I needed.
As I picked out the perfect cards for everyone on my list, and looked at every single card that Target had in stock I scrolled over the Aunt section. I guess I've never paid any attention in the past, but this year I wanted to buy my Aunt the prettiest Mother's Day card ever. I wondered why had I never bought her one in the past. I thought of my sweet cousin, and it really dawned on my that she is probably dreading Mother's Day, which made me feel guilty for my excitement. I tend to forget that there's a lot of people who do not have mother's and for some it may be their first Mother's Day without their mom, and for others, like my dad it's been awhile since their mom has passed away. Either way it's just as hard. For me, I try to cherish the time with my mom because it's less and less these days..This mother's day may be a little bittersweet this year.
Everyone enjoy the rest of youe week and remember to smile! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment