Background

Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Fast and Furious

Well I had no idea that it's been about 2 months since my last blog....no idea where the time goes. The older you get the faster it goes, and I never thought I'd be one of those people who uses that saying. Although Grams informed me that it does eventually slow back down once you retire. Let's just say I'm about ready for retirement. This whole work (real job) gig is not at all what I had envisioned.

The past two months have been a whirlwind, and probably deserve a book rather than a simple blog. I'll try to hit the high points...Marshall bought himself a bike. Kudos to him, because at least one of us is attempting to get back in shape. He is ready to conquer the world with that bike. The bike already made it's first road trip to Oklahoma...never thought we were going to make it in one piece, but needless to say Marshall, Stanlie, myself, and the new bike all had a wonderful weekend. Relaxing is a new word for Oklahoma. You don't realize how laid back Oklahoma is until you've been gone for awhile. Although it did take a grand total of about 6 hours to travel from Dallas to Oklahoma, I never thought we'd make it. In a nut shell, I'm always ready to go back.

OU/TX was quite the thriving weekend. Of course anytime Carter is in town our apartment is always a little more lively. Even though there wasn't much of a game, it's really about good friends, good food, and a good time. We conquered all 3. I've learned that no matter how old I get I'll never aquire a taste for beer, I'll never be able to just take a shot like it's no big deal (I prefer to sip), and I do not enjoy mass mobs of people. But I will manage to make the best of it..and I did.

Speaking of mass mobs of people, yesterday was "Fair Day" as they like to say in "my office" By "fair day" i mean the office was closed and we went to the fair with every other person in the state of Texas. By "my office" I mean myself, Larry, & Carolina. If I have to see one more person eat anything fried, I will vommit. I did enjoy a corn dog, and fried cookie dough. I also experienced the Dart system for the first time. I do not recommend it. I'd like to say that I'm all for public transportation, but I'm not. It's not sanitary, some people smell, and I pay too much money for my own car not to drive it. Once again shoulder to shoulder people is not my thing.

Tomorrow we depart for Mexico. I did not think the day would ever come. Marshall is determined for us to pack everything in one small suitcase. The bright side is that I do not have to lug a suitcase around. I'll let you know if we come to an agreement. Evidently he can pack like people in the military can...which I'm all about only taking what you need ( I personally cannot do it), but he will also be taking enough underwear for everyday. I have high hopes for this vacation, but I know that it will not live up to the family vacations to Disney World. Those were the days....

Stanley is going on his own staycation a few miles away. I'm sure I'll shed a few tears when we leave him. I never thought I'd get so attached to one of the manliest dogs! Needless to say he's been getting extra treats the past few days because I feel guilty for leaving him!

I hope everyone has a wonderful week. :) Remember the days are quick, make the most of them! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment