Background

Friday, December 16, 2011

Christmas Cheer!

You will be happy to know that I have quite the list going of 2012 resolutions, and one of the things on the list is to become a better blogger! Now that I actually have exciting things to blog about, I need to learn to make the time to tell the world about them..or the few people who actually read this! :)

It's the Holiday Season, and I couldn't be more "Cheery!" As Marshall would say..."It looks like Christmas barfed in our apartment!" At first he kinda hurt my feelings, then I just decided to take it as a compliment. :) I love the holidays, and even though the older I get, and the crazier every one's schedules get, you finally realize that not only does your Christmas list turn into your necessity list, and more importantly it's about being with the ones you love.

Christmas has taken a turn for the better in the Rowland household. We finally started a new tradition of Christmas in Oklahoma (I'm confident that this will turn into a tradition.) 5 dogs, one family, a few cupcakes and a game of Bingo....it was a combo of Christmas Vacation and My Girl (my 2 favs.)

Marshall quit his job, which means 2 things: 1. I now better learn to love my job because we both cannot be unemployed, and 2. I no longer have to listen to how miserable he is.  Although I am a tad jealous, he has become quite the Suzy homemaker. I'm confident that he shreds the To-Do lists I leave every morning, but as long as he does 1 thing on the list, I can deal.

I am very excited for 2012. I do believe that everyone deserves a fresh start. I'm sure that I will complete about 2 of the million things on my resolutions list, it's the thought that counts right? 2011 has been a whirlwind, and next to my Freshman year of college, one of the most trying years of my life. I'm sure there are many more trying years ahead, but I'm confident I can handle anything. I hope that 2012 brings lots of changes my way, but nothing too drastic.

I hope that everyone has a wonderful Christmas and an exciting 2012. Keep in mind that the holidays are wonderful for some people, and not so wonderful for others. Remember to be nice to everyone that comes your way, especially those in retail (it's not their fault that you waited until the last minute to do your shopping.) Remember to give back (those bell ringers volunteer, they aren't nominated). Count your blessings, even if it means pulling an all nighter! :)

Merry Christmas from me to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment