Background

Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Merry Memories!

I'm trying to start the New Year off on a good note and stick to my guns! The more I blog, the more I end up giggling at the little things that happened over my "Christmas Break!" I've learned that the older you get the more hectic holidays can be. It's not all about milk and cookies anymore, it's about trying to get everyone together at the same time. This Christmas was one of the best yet, I didn't wake up to Deb in her big red glasses and go peek to see what Santa had brought, it was even better, I woke up to my wonderful family (minus Rus, but since you're married now I'll give ya a break!) It's still not near as good as waking up at 306, but it made me forget about that time I woke up to the one and only Miss Mazzie and no one else due to the worst blizzard in history, but let's be real I'll never forget that. I was a little sad that Marshall wasn't around, but then again we've got the rest of our lives to spend holidays together right? Stanlie and I enjoyed our stay at Grams, and this was probably one of the most thrilling Christmas' we've had in quite some time.

After Christmas it was off to Colorado to spend time with Marsh and his crazy but sweet family. Sweet Stan had to stay behind, and let me inform you that I will not be having children anytime soon due to the fact that I had a rough time dropping him off at the sitter's. For the record, I never thought I'd get attached the that unknown breed of a mut. (Don't worry, I got picture updates daily of what all he had been doing while we were away!) Colorado was fabulous, and we definitely made some memories. I only had one terrible fall on the slopes, and as Marshall would say "the lifts went wild as I rolled down the mountain!" I enjoyed getting to spend time with his family and am very thankful that we got to go on another vacation this year.

I've learned that the hardest part about taking a vacation is going back to work. Today was quite the struggle as I tried to think of every possible way not to get back to the grind. But that's life right?

2011 has been quite the year. Many Merry Memories were made, and although it was quite the roller coaster, it was the year I think I learned the most. I got my first "big girl" job, I bought my first car, I left my parents side, Marshall became my new rock, I traveled, I gained a sister, and I became an OCD neat freak! :) I think that 2012 is going to be a wonderful year filled with many more Merry Memories. I'm excited to see what other great things that God has in store for my life. I have set some new goals for my life and have high hopes that I will achieve them. I've got a long way to go, but I'm determined to follow my dreams.

I hope that everyone else has an exciting 2012. It's a new year, new beginning. :) Do what you love, love what you do!

No comments:

Post a Comment