2012 is off to a fabulous start! I survived my first January market, and had no idea that it would be the most exhausting experience of my life. For a solid 2 weeks I wanted to be anywhere but working, but of course I mustered through and survived, and can say I will know exactly what to expect for the next one....and I also have a whole new respect for people who work 7 days a week all the time (I couldn't do it all the time no matter what the pay is.)
Marshall kicked off his new job on Monday. I couldn't be more proud as he came home with a new badge, a smile, and and a positive attitude. He claims he has landed his "dream job," and I one day I hope to be in his shoes (not as a lawyer, but in the "dream job" perspective.) He continues to remind me everyday that my time is coming, and I need to follow my dreams, I'm working on taking his advice!
Stanley has kicked off his new year by getting back on his routine, which I can't decide if he was excited to be alone again everyday so he could get some rest, or if he enjoyed following Marshall's every move. He had his annual check-up with a new vet which resulted in 5 shots, a heart worm test, and a poop sample. I'm not sure who took it worse Stanley or myself. I prepared myself for the worst as I watched him get his shots, and he wasn't even phased. Such a little champ, he has been receiving the royal treatment ever since. We are awaiting the results from his heart worm test, and are fingers are crossed that he remains heart worm free! Never in a million years would I have though that that little guy could make me smile so much! Everyone should own a dog at some point in their lives!
One of Marshall's favorite things is food (I think I'll have to agree!) One of my favorite things is Date Night. Friday night we enjoyed Date Night complete with Jalapeno margaritas, shrimp pasta, and the best deviled eggs I have ever eaten. I'm not a huge egg person, but these were the best deviled eggs I've ever eaten. I wouldn't care if Date Night was at Taco Bell, but I'd have to say I'm pretty spoiled because Marshall loves trying new places, and loves trying any and every type of food. He hates when I order the same thing twice. Friday night was much needed and much appreciated. I hope that whenever I'm 80 years old Marshall is still taking me out for Date Night. :)
Tuesday I officially started Boot Camp. I have never been to a Boot Camp, nor was I blessed with much athletic ability. Lindsay and I decided that 2012 was the year that we would run the OKC Memorial half-marathon. Running some sort of marathon has always been something I wanted to do, but I knew I would never have the guts to do it alone....hints another reason why I'm glad Dustin got married. I knew that in order to get my bum in shape I would need more than my own self-discipline. Thanks to Groupon, and a man named Dan, in 3 months hopefully I will be ready to conquer probably one of the most brutal races I'll ever run. Tuesday and Thursday was definitely hard to walk, but now I am finally starting to move normally.
Tomorrow is a new day as well as a new week, and although I despise Monday's, I've been trying to keep every day and every week positive (although it is extremely tough sometimes!) I hope that everyone has a great week and remembers to Smile every chance you get! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment