Since date night, and the visit to the vet, I have traveled to NYC on my very first business trip (deserves an entire blog to itself), been showered with love by Marshall, and witnessed another miracle!
As most of you know I was absolutely dreading traveling to New York, but all in all it turned out to be a great trip! Considering it was my very first business trip I had absolutely no idea what to expect, other than the fact that it was New York, so I purchased new shoes, checked the weather, and packed everything possible into one large bag. Since you do now have to pay to check your bags now a days, I was truly limited, and I was traveling to a colder climate. I will say it's a lot easier packing bikinis and flip flops than coats and scarves. Back to the point, the 3 of us were off to New York to explore the latest in the Toy Industry. Luckily I got my own seat next to the cutest 3 year old named Lyle, who kept me thoroughly entertained. We arrived and it was off to the search for the "perfect bar!" Don't think there is such a thing, but as we searched I window shopped, and mapped out everywhere I would go when and if I received free time. The actual point of the trip, the convention, was your typical convention, lots of booths, lots of toys, tons of people, lots to talking, and lots of people trying to do business! I enjoyed seeing the latest and greatest, and getting to meet the people that I talk to daily. Of course not one person matched the visual I had in my head, and by the looks on their faces when I met them, I'm pretty sure I'm not what they expected either, so i didn't feel too bad! The highlight of my trip was a ticket to Mary Poppins, and dinner for 1. Kudos to me for having a date with myself, which I've never done before, and completely enjoyed. I don't think I'd like spending every night alone, but it was a great change of pace. It was definitely the fastest dinner I've ever had, and lots of people watching to be done. I have been singing Supercalafragilisticexpealidocious ever since, and wishing I could fly from an umbrella! Definitely a must see, and just how I had remembered! :) I was bummed that I didn't have much time to do any shopping, don't worry I did manage to buy a Mary Poppins T-shirt for myself, but that's about it! I was blessed to have dinner with my Big from AXO, and she treated me like she always does, royalty! It was off to her favorite restaurant, where I asked a million questions about how she manages to live there, and although I might never figure that one out, she loves it and that's all that matters. After 3 1/2 days of solid walking and talking to a million people, it was back home, and at that time I appreciated a seat, some silence, and some magazines!
I have never went somewhere and been so excited to get home as much as I did this trip, maybe because it was Valentines Day, who knows, or maybe because I was sick of working! I had my 2 favorite boys waiting for me when I got home! Along with them came, 12 pink roses, gummie hearts, chocolate, and a bright colored box that read Kate Spade! :) This was definitely a top Valentine's Day as a "big girl," I do miss the days whenever my dad would send me balloons and typically a fuzzy picture frame and matching pencil set or something of that nature! Side note: I've never received flowers from Marshall before, (he thinks their pointless) and even though it took 3 years, I'm willing to wait 3 more years for another dozen! Marshall also cooked dinner, which he does quite often, but since my favorite food is anything with a jalapeno he spiced it up by making a jalapeno themed dinner consisting of jalapeno margaritas, stuffed jalapenos, chicken, potatoes, and chocolate covered strawberries! You're probably wondering what I did for him...I ate what he cooked! I won the worst girlfriend award for Valentines day 2012. Usually I am on top of things, but not this year, I had no time to shop or craft anything. We did manage to celebrate Valentine's Day twice this year and I took him out for a change on Saturday night, but of course the first year he goes all out, I have nothing! Don't worry I do have plans to make it up to him, and I'm already gearing up for next year! :)
A little miracle was born on Thursday, Marshall's new little cousin, Lila Claire Langston. Just when Audra and Jason thought their family was complete, they gained one more through many prayers. Little Lila is probably one of the most loved little girls on the planet right now, and I'm sure she is already spoiled to the core! Just goes to show, God plans your life, not you! :)
I'm a pretty lucky gal, and I'm looking forward to the future...whatever it may be! What I've learned over the past few days is to trust the Lord; he really does know what he's doing, have a little faith, and always rely on the ones you love! :) Until next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment