Background

Sunday, March 11, 2012

Last week i spent some quality time in good ole Oklahoma. I am blessed in the sense that part of my territory includes Oklahoma and that I had a comfy bed to sleep in, a hot shower, and some wonderful company. Of course it's always good to be home, but I also learned that being a traveling salesman is not what I had pictured whenever I was about 10 years old.  Enough about work, once again just happy to have a job.

I'm still trying to get in shape for my half marathon......like everything else much easier said than done. Today Marshall and I finally watched The Help (although we are a tad bit behind the rest of the world, we really liked it.) After watching, we both craved fried chicken, so we did just that, we got fried chicken. Knowing that we would regret it later, we thoroughly enjoyed it. We also managed to make it to White Rock, while Marshall rode, I ran. We both came to a consensus at the end, we could feel the fried chicken. I think my biggest problem is that I'm not willing to change my eating habits. I love too many foods to just give them up. I'm sure training would be a lot easier, but I'd rather struggle and eat whatever I want while I can! Maybe a week or so before the race I'll cut back on the Ben & Jerrys and fried chicken.

Marshall still loves his job, which makes both of our lives much more pleasant. Although at times I am jealous, he has worked very hard to get to where he is, and deserves it! He is working hard to be a good motivator in my running training, but at times, like the fried chicken experience and many others, he is a bad influence as well! Can't blame him for my weaknesses! :)

Stanley is still kickin' and lickin'! He hasn't pulled any stunts in quite awhile, and for that I am thankful. He manages to keep our lives entertaining, and lively. There are days where I could shave him bald, but at the end of the day, I couldn't live without him. I love having someone to greet me first thing when I wake up and first thing whenever I come in the door. If he only knew how much he made me smile! :)

I am very excited that the weather is getting warmer and the sun is starting to shine brighter! I am always in a better mood when the weather is bright and cheery, even if I am enjoying it through a glass window! I hope everyone has a wonderful week!

No comments:

Post a Comment