Background

Thursday, May 3, 2012

A Run To Remember

On Sunday I finished my first half marathon. Never in a million years did I think I would be able to run that far! It was such a great experience, and I'm so glad I was able to do it. I've always wanted to do run farther than a 5K, but just kept putting it off, and when 2012 rolled around I decided this is the year. Of course I didn't want to do it alone, and needed someone to hold me accountable. I also never dreamed that whenever I asked Lindsay, she would actually want to. My options were slim so I'm thankful she did. Now I can't imagine doing it with anyone else! Even though it rained the weather was absolutely perfect, and with our family at the finish line (with special signs) I can't picture a more perfect day! I'm already researching where my next one will be and planning for the day I run a full marathon..because yes one day I will!

Marshall and I bought a house!! Probably one of the most trying and thrilling experiences in both of our lives. He's overwhelmed by all the paperwork and steps it takes to actually buy the house, and I can't believe that at age 22 I'll have a house! If you're looking for a way to test your relationship or learn more about your significant other, try house hunting, it might make or break you!!! Although it was fun, I'm glad we finally found one that we both love! It's a quaint first house, and one that a lot of memories will be made! :)

Stanley is oober excited for his very first backyard, and lots of room to roam and play. I think he's getting bored with Exall Park, I do believe that a little change with be good for everyone. He will be spending his first weekend at Urban Paws this weekend. I know we are horrible dog parents, but we are putting our needs before Stanley's and getting out of town, and unfortunately Stanley cannot come with us. Don't worry Stanley will have his own "doggie townhome" and will get to socialize with other dogs, which will either be good for him, or terrify him. I think he needs some interaction and the dog keepers there will absolutely fall in love with him! Say a small prayer for Stanley this weekend, but I'm confident that he will do great and won't even notice we are gone!

Marshall still loves his job, and is working hard to defend those prosties (prostitutes), drunkies, and pot heads! I despise my job, but hey it's a job! Until I find the motivation to look for another one, guess I'm stuck!

Remember that if you set your mind to anything you can do it, and don't let anyone tell you otherwise! I hope everyone has a great weekend! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment